This summer I tried to read as many hyped books as I could, and I somewhat achieved this goal. Next year, I’m going to be using the Beat the Backlist Challenge created by Novel Knight to continue persuing this objective. I’m anticipating about 50 reads released in 2017, so I’m hoping to do around 75 from by backlist? This year, I met my Goodreads Goal of 100 books back in September, and that was with a lot of rereads and book slumps, so I’m hoping to achieve at least 125 total reads in 2017. This number may change as the year progresses, but for now I’m sticking with 125. I don’t have a definite list as to which books I’ll be reading as some I’ll be reading this year, but here is a very small portion.
- A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin
- Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra, Dhonielle Clayton
- Serpentine by Cindy Pon
- Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green, David Levithan
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
- Everland by Wendy Spinale
- Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
What books are you thinking of reading next year? Will you participate in this challenge?